Monday 29 December 2014

Awesome Wealthy Woman Says 'Forget Making Resolutions - Set Your Wealth Intentions Instead'

Just 3 more sleeps and we will be starting a brand new year!

Can you feel the excitement that’s building?

Are you feeling a swell of anticipation about what your 2015 will bring?

This is the time of year when many people set their New Year’s Resolutions.  You know, that ‘same old, same old’ list of things you think you should want to accomplish over the next 12 months …

…Lose the weight I put on over Christmas (and maybe a few more pounds as well)

…Quit smoking (I licked that one in 1997 and have been blissfully smoke-free ever since)

…Clear out the clutter in my …kitchen…spare room…closet…office…

While those are all worthy goals, statistics tell the sad story that most people will break their resolutions in the first 3 to 12 weeks of the new year, depending on how committed they were to the resolution in the first place.

I’d like you to stop writing that list of resolutions and focus instead on creating your ‘Wealth Intentions’ for 2015.

Not sure what I mean by Wealth Intentions?  Here are several for you to consider:

1)  I intend to create my personal and business (if that applies to you) Emergency Funds
     and make regular contributions to them from every pay cheque, or, monthly – it doesn’t
     matter what the frequency of contributions is so long as you make them!

2)  I intend to set up a pre-authorized deduction of at least 10% of my net pay into a TFSA
     (Tax Free 
Savings Account) or RRSP (Registered Retirement Savings Plan) – if you
     don’t already have one or 
both of these, get them set up as soon as possible in the new
     year.

3)  I intend to create a realistic debt repayment plan to eliminate my consumer debt as soon
     as possible – if you’re unsure how to do this, start by listing all your debts and the
     interest you are currently paying on your outstanding balances. There are many other
     things you can do in this category but this is your 
essential first step.

4)  I intend to expand my knowledge of money management by reading at least 1 related
     book, magazine or website every week – if you’re not a fast reader, make it every
     month…just do it!

By now, you can see where I am going with this.  Are you starting to get some other ideas for your Wealth Intentions?

Most importantly, phrase them in the present “I intend…”.  While ‘I am’ are the two most powerful words you can speak, “I intend” are almost as potent.

Then, ensure that you have worded your intention in a positive way (no negatives here, please).

BONUS for those who want to quit smoking (I used these when I quit in 1997):

“I intend to be smoke-free for the rest of my life” and “I intend to be free of cravings for cigarettes for the rest of my life”.

Remember, it takes anywhere from 3 weeks to almost a year to make a new habit your default behaviour so keep at it!

Repeat your intentions out loud every day…

Post them where you can see them throughout your day…

Take action on them!!

In addition to the usual good wishes for a healthy and happy New Year, I also wish you huge success with setting, implementing and reaping the rewards of your Wealth Intentions!

If you would like help in creating your Wealth Intentions and connecting with me feels right for you, please call me at 705.881.1846 or 1.844.881.1846 or email me at Patti@AwesomeWealthyWoman.com and I would be delighted to speak with you personally.


“Every decision you make takes you one step closer to being wealthy…or one step further away.” ~ Shay Olivarria

No comments:

Post a Comment