Monday 13 October 2014

Awesome Wealthy Woman Recommends the Power of Gratitude

Today is Thanksgiving Day in Canada and I have so much to be grateful for this year.

2014 has rocked my family with health issues ranging from congestive heart failure to breast cancer to Type 2 Diabetes and a misdiagnosis of kidney cancer for me.

Thankfully, we are all still here and recovering from our individual health challenges.

Today, I am grateful for good health.

When life throws you hard balls that knock you flat, it can drain your emotions, your energy, your finances and your will to carry on.

My rock and foundation are the faith I have in my God and His never-wavering care for and protection of me.

No matter how dark things may seem, how hard the challenge, how ill-equipped I might feel to deal with what I’m facing, I return again and again to my favourite Bible verse:

            “For I know the plans I have for you”, declares the Lord,
            “plans to prosper you and not 
to harm you, plans to give
             you hope and a future.” ~ Jeremiah 29:11

Today, I am grateful for my faith.

This year, there have been amazing opportunities to share transformation with clients, colleagues and the many new people who have discovered Awesome Wealthy Woman. 

In January, I presented my first ever 1-day live event, “Awaken the Awesome Wealthy Woman Within” and attracted 23 awesome women who shared the day with me.  A second event in mid-May allowed me to expand my reach and introduce new content to those who attended.

On November 8th, I will run this event for the third and final time in 2014.  There is so much more to share and I am excited to have yet another chance to be the catalyst for transformation.

Today, I am grateful for the opportunity to share with and serve my growing community.

As those of you who read last week’s blog know, my husband and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary last Wednesday.  It took a very, very long time to find the perfect partner – and we are partners on ‘Team Smith’ – and we are looking forward to growing old together and making our particular dreams come true.

Today, I am grateful for my beloved husband and our love, which deepens daily.

Abundance and prosperity – and, therefore, wealth – are inextricably tied to the gratitude you feel for everything you already have in your life.

Despite the challenges you may be facing in this moment, there are always things for which you can be grateful.

Many years ago, when I was writing in my Gratitude Journal one evening, I got a phone call from a friend.  When I said I was writing in my Gratitude Journal, she made a derisive sound and said, “Well, I’VE got nothing to be grateful for!”

“Really?!?”, I asked.

“Are you driving your car?” – “Yes”

“Are you breathing?” – “Yes”

“Have you eaten today?” – “Yes”

“Do you have a home to go to tonight?” – “Yes”

“Are you going to work tomorrow?” – “Yes – OK, I get it! I guess I do have a lot to be grateful for.”

Today, I am grateful for all the gifts and blessings in my life – including you!


“Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.”  ~ A.A. Milne

No comments:

Post a Comment